Shabby Background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ode to my Thither

I have no idea how to write an ode. I just wanted to give her props. I love her, her home, her family and I miss her. Seeing my sister and being in her home both inspired me and reminded me of the person I want to be. Somewhere along the way I let parts of myself slip away a bit. I want to recommit to becoming the woman I had hoped I might be someday.

Here are a few of my aspirations:

practice yoga and meditation on a regular basis, shop as locally, naturally, and organically as fiscally possible, find a church that feels right, keep learning and trying new things, teach my children gratitude, respect, responsibility and fun! surround myself with not only the people I love, but things that I love as well. These are only a few parts of my life I'd like to work on. Actually, for now, I should probably just be figuring out how to keep house with 2 kids. I have no idea how it's done with multiple children!

2 comments:

  1. I love your sisters house! I may have to steal some ideas...like the bathroom! Is that last room her rec room with kids on one side exercise equipment on the other?? I couldn't quite figure it out! But it is a very cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should explain the pics a bit. Tim made the table on the 1st pic, my sister covered the chairs and quilted the runner. The next 3 pics are the kitchen/living room area. I ADORE the painting above her couch! She painted it of course. The next 1 is her downstairs bathroom. She and Tim painted it and Beth sewed the "draping" on the front of the sink. The next 1 is a pic of their loft area at the top of the stairs. Tim built the "wall" between the play area and the excercise area. The doors slide open and there are shelves and places to hang dress ups, store DVD's, crafts etc. Beth then painted this scene of the owl and tree. I have more pics too. Her house is so fun!

    ReplyDelete